Boston Ballet School VIRTUAL Adaptive Dance Teacher Training
Learn and practice strategies for teaching dance to individuals with disabilities and techniques for implementing Boston Ballet’s Adaptive Dance program. The virtual Adaptive Dance Training is for dance teachers, studio owners, program managers, educators, physical therapists and other service providers.
Adaptive Dance Teacher Training will:
- Introduce techniques for teaching dance and movement to individuals with disabilities (emphasis on Down syndrome and Autism Spectrum Disorders)
- Provide strategies for modifying dance instruction to meet the needs of diverse learners; provide strategies for modifying dance instruction to accommodate virtual learning
- Bring awareness to some of the contextual needs affecting students with disabilities and their families
- Include an opportunity to experience dance instruction and Q&A sessions with current faculty from Boston Ballet School’s Adaptive Dance Program.
- Offer strategies for implementing elements of Boston Ballet School’s Adaptive Dance Program to meet the needs of various settings
- Build upon a network of like-minded dance educators, therapists, administrators, service providers
Dates: August 5 & 6, 2022
Time: 10 a.m.–3 p.m.
Registration closes July 27, 2022